- Colonial and post-colonial studies
- Arts and politics during Fascism
- Italian avant-garde
- Artistic links between Africa and Europe in the 20th century
- History of 20th century’s art criticism
- «’Eine italienische Angelegenheit’: il viaggio di Carl Einstein nell’arte italiana dal futurismo al rinascimento», Il Capitale Culturale. Studies on the Value of Cultural Heritage, 23 (2021), pp. 429-447. URL: http://riviste.unimc.it/index.php/cap-cult/article/view/2653
(with Carlo Ugolotti), "Colonie sul muro. Manifesti del cinema imperiale fascista”, Zapruder. Rivista di storia della conflittualità sociale, 59 (2022), pp. 66–85.
Giulia Beatrice completed her BA at Università La Sapienza, Rome with a thesis on the Prima mostra di scultura negra at the Venice Biennale (1922) and its reception in Fascist Italy. She then continued her studies at La Sapienza and at the École Pratique des Hautes Études, Paris (MA), where she focused on the curatorial activity of the German art critic Carl Einstein. Giulia is currently a PhD candidate at the University of Zürich and a pre-doctoral fellow at the Bibliotheca Hertziana, working on a dissertation project on African and colonial iconographies and contexts in Italian Futurism.