- Art and politics in totalitarian regimes
- Constructions of the past and their appropriation for the present
- Questions of identity in art and historiography
- Archaeology in the Age of Imperialism
Seicento Architecture for Fascist Italy. Armando Brasinis Projects in Italy, its Colonies, and Beyond
- "Septem Orbis Admiranda. Antonio Tempestas Serie der Sieben Weltwunder", Marburger Jahrbuch für Kunstwissenschaft, 48 (2021), pp. 135–175.
Philipp Hubert studied art history and classical archaeology at the Freie Universität in Berlin. During his studies, he worked as student assistant at the center for advanced studies BildEvidenz and at the Kunsthistorisches Institut in Florence as well as an assistant to Prof. em. Hans Belting. His thesis dealt with the reception of ancient Mesopotamian cultures in the first half of the 20th century, with a special focus on architecture and architectural theory. From 2021 to 2022, Philipp Hubert worked as scientific assistant in the architectural firm Brenne Architekten in Berlin. Since January 2023, he is a predoctoral fellow in the department of Tristan Weddigen.