Interessi di ricerca
- Italian comics
- Comics theory and history
- 1960s–1980s counterculture
- Reception theory and authoriality
Progetto di ricerca
- "Dall’uomo scimmia a San Sebastiano. Rappresentazioni di Mario Schifano tra letteratura, musica e arti visive", Elephant & Castle, 25 (2021), URL: https://elephantandcastle.unibg.it/web/saggi/dall-uomo-scimmia-a-san-sebastiano-rappresentazioni-di-mario-schifano-tra-letteratura-musica-e-arti-visive/401 (last access: 05.11.2021)
- "The Sex of the Angels: Hybridization of Judeo-Christian Motifs in American and Italian Main-stream Comics", Simultanea, 1, 1 (2020), URL: http://italianpopculture.org/the-sex-of-the-angels-hybridization-of-judeo-christian-motifs-in-american-and-italian-mainstream-comics/ (last access: 05.11.2021)
- "Le beffe di Zanardi. Andrea Pazienza, il trickster e la satira dello studente", Studi Italiani, 62 (2019), pp. 167–180.
- "Dal poema ai fumetti. Buzzati icona del fumetto nella critica e nelle edizioni delle «opere dop-pie»", Studi buzzatiani, 24 (2019), pp. 33–62.
- "The Intelligible Book: Timothy Ely’s and Luigi Serafini’s Book Arts", Italica, 96, 2 (2019), pp. 281–299.
Carlotta Vacchelli received a Ph.D. Italian Studies at Indiana University (2020), with a dissertation on the influence of Italian artist Andrea Pazienza on comics, literature, cinema, and pop music. In 2020–2021 she was a Research Fellow at the Center for Italian Modern Art (NYC), studying the artistic relationship between Italian artist Mario Schifano and the countercultural magazine Frigidaire, as well as the visual and literary representations of Schifano and his works by other authors. During the spring/summer 2020, she curated the exhibition "La funzione-Pazienza" at the Centro Fumetto Andrea Pazienza (Cremona), and the namesake catalogue. She is the inaugural Ragusa Foundation Fellow, with a project on Italian comics (NYC, summer 2022), and Associate Editor of the online peer-reviewed journal Simultanea. A Journal of Italian Media and Pop Culture. Her articles on Italian literature, art, comics, and cinema appeared in peer-reviewed journals such as Elephant & Castle, Studi Italiani, Italica, Italian Quarterly, Studi buzzatiani, International Journal of Comic Art, Cultura & Comunicazione. She is a member of the board of the association Arcicomics.