Prof. Dr. Tod MarderVisiting Fellow
- Architectural Drawings of Gian Lorenzo Bernini
- Roman Baroque Architecture and Urbanism
- Italian Renaissance Architecture
- The Critical Edge: Controversy in Recent American Architecture, M.I.T. Press,
Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1985.
- Bernini's Scala Regia at the Vatican Palace. Architecture Sculpture and Ritual, Cambridge University
Press, 1997 (a book of the year, Giornale dell'arte 1997)
- Bernini and the Art of Architecture, Abbeville Press, New York, 1998 (ed. Italian 1998, French 1999)
(Premio Daria Borghese 1999).
- (ed. with Mark Wilson Jones), The Pantheon: From Antiquity to the Present, Cambridge
University Press, 2015.
- (Prose Award for Best Book in Classics, Association of American Publishers 2015)
- (ed. with Sybille Ebert-Schifferer and Sebastian Schütze), Bernini disegnatore. Nuove prospettive di
ricerca, Bibliotheca Hertziana/Universität Wien, Rome, 2017.
Distinguished Professor Emeritus, Rutgers University, Department Chair (8 years). Editor in Chief, Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians (3 years). Fellow of the American Academy in Rome (1998). Premio Daria Borghese (1999). Prix du Centre National du Livre, Ministère de la culture de la communication de France (1999). Rudolf Wittkower Fellow at the Bibliotheca Hertziana – Max-Planck-Institute for History of Art in Rome, 2014. Fellowship awards from Samuel H. Kress Foundation, American Council of Learned Societies, National Endowment for the Humanities, Delmas Foundation, Institute for Advanced Study-Princeton, Center for Advanced Study in the Visual Arts-Washington, Graham Foundation-Chicago, Civitella Ranieri Foundation.