The Board of Trustees
Bibliotheca Hertziana – Max Planck Institute for Art History
The Board of Trustees plays a fundamental role as liaison between the public and the Max Planck Institutes by effectively strengthening and conveying the results of their research work.
The Board of Trustees supports the Institute and plays a fundamental role as liaison between the public and the Max Planck Institute. At the same time, it represents the Institutes and provides them with guidance and assistance. The Board of Trustees includes representatives from politics, industry, sciences, arts and culture.
Members of the Board of Trustees of the Bibliotheca Hertziana are:
- Dr. Jörg Bremer, Berlin, former Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung correspondent in Rome
- Viktor Elbling, Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany in Italy, Rome
- Uwe Gaul, State Secretary of the Saxon Ministry of Science and the Fine Arts, Dresden, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Kilian Heck, First Chairman of the Verband Deutscher Kunsthistoriker e.V. (German Art Historian Association), Bonn, Germany
- Steffen Kampeter, Chief Executive Officer of BDA, Berlin, Germany
- Michael Koch, Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany to the Holy See, Rome, Italy
- Dr. Arend Oetker, Dr. Arend Oetker Holding GmbH & Co. KG, Berlin, Germany
- Dr. Christopher Pleister, former chairman of the management committee of the Financial Market Stabilization Authority, Berlin, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Günter Stock, CEO of the Einstein Foundation Berlin, Berlin, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Rüdiger Wolfrum, Emeritus Director of the Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public Law and International Law, Heidelberg, Germany