- Iconology of the textile medium
- History of Kunstwissenschaft
- Art and outer space
- Heinrich Wölfflin, Principles of art history. The problem of the development of style in early modern art, ed. Evonne Levy and Tristan Weddigen, Los Angeles: The Getty Research Institute 2015.
- Benedetto Varchi, Paragone – Rangstreit der Künste, ed. Oskar Bätschmann and Tristan Weddigen, Darmstadt: Wissenschaftliche Buchgesellschaft 2013.
- Raffaels Papageienzimmer – Ritual, Raumfunktion und Dekoration im Vatikanpalast der Renaissance, Emsdetten/Berlin: Edition Imorde 2006.
- Functions and decorations. Art and ritual at the Vatican Palace in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, ed. Tristan Weddigen, Sible and Bram Kempers, Città del Vaticano/Turnhout: Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana/Brepols 2003 (Capellae Apostolicae Sixtinaeque collectanea acta monumenta, 9, Collectanea, 5).
- Federico Zuccaro. Kunst zwischen Ideal und Reform, ed. Tristan Weddigen, Basel: Schwabe 2000 (Bibliotheca helvetica romana, 27).
In June 2017 Tristan Weddigen was appointed director at the BHMPI. After being awarded a Ph.D. from the TU Berlin with a dissertation on Raphael in 2002 and nominated university lecturer at the University of Bern with a study on the Dresden Gemäldegalerie in the 18th century in 2008, he became assistant professor at the University of Lausanne in 2008 and full professor for history of early modern art at the University of Zurich in 2009. There he ran the ERC project Textile – An Iconology of the Textile in Art and Architecture and the Getty project New Art Histories – Connecting Ideas, Objects and Institutions in Latin America, currently the Swiss Art Research Infrastructure (SARI) an the SNSF edition project Heinrich Wölfflins Gesammelte Werke. His research department focuses on the global aspects of Italian art from the early modern period to today, thus extending the range of the research activities at the BHMPI to modern and contemporary times; furthermore, it addresses questions of materiality and mediality, studies the history of art history and engages in digital art history.
Bureau du Comité International d'Histoire de l'Art (CIHA)
Executive Master in Art Market Studies (EMAMS)
Specialized Master of Arts Art History in a Global Context