- Iconographic Computer Vision
- History of Gesture, Gesture Detection
- Aby Warburg's Bilderatlas
- Critical Technical Practice
- Artistic Research & the Digital Humanities
- Early Modern Theories of Vision (Gian Paolo Lomazzo)
- (with Franco Moretti) "Totentanz", New Left Review, 107 and Pamphlets of the Stanford Literary Lab (2017). Translated into Spanish ("La forma del Pathos", in New Left Review Español 107, 2017) and Italian ("La letteratura in laboratorio", ed. Moretti and Episcopo, Federico II University Press, 2019).
- (with Sabine Susstrunk) "Pose and Pathosformel in Aby Warburg's Bilderatlas", Proceedings of the European Conference on Computer Vision (2016).
- "Vygotsky and Marxist artificial intelligence", Theory and Struggle, 116 (2015).
- (with Isak Herman, Patrick Wollner and Alan Blackwell) "Musician Fantasies of Dialectical Interaction: Mixed-Initiative Interaction and the Open Work", Proceedings Human Computer Interaction International (2015)
- (with Peter Robinson and Tadas Baltrusaitis) "A Facial Affect Mapping Engine", Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces (2014).
Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and of
the Associazione per l'Informatica Umanistica e la Cultura Digitale.
Since 2018 Scientific Assistant of the Bibliotheca Hertziana.
Visiting Fellow, Cambridge Digital Humanities (since 2018).
Associate Researcher, Orpheus Institute for Artistic Research (since 2018).
Digital Humanities Fellow, Harvard Center for Italian Renaissance Studies (2018).
Ph.D. Candidate in Digital Humanities, with Sabine Susstrunk and Franco Moretti, EPFL (since 2015).
Visiting Researcher, Rainbow Graphics & Interaction Lab, University of Cambridge (2014–2017). Research Intern, Microsoft Research (2014). Nanoscience, IARU University of Tokyo (2013).
M.Eng. and B.A. Engineering, IMechE & IET scholar, University of Cambridge (2011–2015).
Chair & Organizer, Beyond Image Search: Computer Vision in Western Art History, Digital Humanities Conference 2018
Chair & Organizer, Computer Vision for Art Analysis Workshop, European Conference on Computer Vision 2018
Chair & Organizer, 1st ETHZ-EPFL Summer School on Artistic Research, 2017
Lecturer & Organizer, Digital Art History, European Summer University in Digital Humanities (University of Leipzig) 2017
Organizer, Ways of Machine Seeing, CRASSH, University of Cambridge, 2016 and 2017